Saturday, April 24, 2010

Prairie Fest!

Hello everyone!
Today I participated in Tandy Hills Natural Area's annual Prairie Fest in Fort Worth, TX. They had all sorts of wonderful booths of local companies/small businesses, as well as scrumptious food and an assortment of musical entertainment. I heard of these festivities from an artist friend, so I decided to check it out - several local painters gathered and painted for hours along the paths and lush, green hills (that's right - hills! And in TX too!) of the Park, dotted with vibrant wildflowers. It was a gorgeous spring day, and we, the painters, were greeted by Fest-goers and passersby as they enjoyed the serene scenery :-)

Each painting completed throughout the day was then displayed in the Artists booth and up for sale - a silent auction, in fact. We are still awaiting the results....Oh the suspense! Half of the proceeds go to maintaining the beauty of the park :-) It was a fabulous festival day filled with fun, friends and flowers. We were even serenaded by a group of bagpipers (dressed in full Scottish attire, kilts and all!) while we painted. An enchanting day I will never forget!

I wanted to share a few photos with you:

The Bagpipers played an assortment of tunes - The red of their attire contrasted wonderfully against all that green of the foliage!


"Spring," Oil on canvas, 12"x9"
I decided to paint a fellow painter while she painted :-)
I just loved how the blue of her shirt stood out amongst a sea of greens, and I wanted to capture it!


"Spring" detail


"Countryside," Oil on linen panel, 6"x8"
The hills looked like a snapshot of an English hillside, yet the cactus in the foreground reminded me I was in Texas!

Spring in Texas is quite lovely - I'm grateful for the array of gorgeous wildflowers (especially the fields of bluebonnets!) that the Lord gives us. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend - come back soon to see more paintings! :-D

*Copyright Alicia Templin 2010*

No comments:

Post a Comment