Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Video Painting Demos!

Hello friends!
I do hope that 2010 is starting out to be a wonderful year for you all! I'm looking forward to discovering what the Lord has in store for this new year. I suspect that an abundance of artistic experiments, fulfilling friendships, and exciting escapades are waiting just around the bend.

I am in the process of working on a large narrative painting of a group of young girls telling captivating stories by a fireplace. I have completed five head studies, one of each of the girls, in oil paint, in preparation for the final painting (You can view each of these studies on my first blog, or on my website : www.aliciatemplin.com ).

I have also created a video of the process of painting one of these studies from start to finish. Adorable Channing is the model of the featured head study :-)

The rapid (47 second) version of the painting:



The 20 minute version of the demo with artist commentary:

"Channing" - An Oil Painting Demo by Alicia Templin from Alicia Templin on Vimeo.


Please enjoy!
I will periodically be adding new video demos, so tune back in frequently!
Thanks for visiting!

*Featured painting video copyright Alicia Templin 2010*

1 comment:

  1. Incredible Alicia! I love your art- Can't wait till the next one!

    ReplyDelete