Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fun with Illustration!

Hello everyone, and a warm welcome to you all!

I cannot believe that we have already reached the tail end of January 2010 - where does the time go?! Well, I have heard that "Time flies when you're doing art!" It's so very true.

I wanted to share a few new illustrations that I recently completed - I love working back and forth between the whimsical world of illustration and the representational realm of fine art painting. There is such a fine (often blurred) line between the two fields, that they often overlap - in my mind and on paper and canvas!


"Water Buffalo Buddies," Watercolor and Ink on Watercolor Paper, 6.5"x10.75"



"Striped Similitude," Watercolor and Ink on Watercolor Paper, 8"x11"



"Graceful Gaze," Pastel on Watercolor Paper, 11"x8.25"

I would love to hear what your thoughts are on any of my new works that speak to you - please leave comments! I'll be posting progression photos and a final photo of the large narrative painting of the girls telling stories by a fireplace very soon! Thanks for visiting, and come back often! :-)

*All images copyright Alicia Templin 2010*

1 comment: