Friday, September 24, 2010

Blossoms!!

Hello everyone!
I wanted to do another new blog highlighting my newest completed oil painting, which I've entitled "Poised Petals." I painted this piece as a part of my new still life series (this time I included Degas ballerinas), and I also entered it in the 2010 Blossom Art of Flowers painting competition. There are a few days left to enter, so here's the website for whoever may be interested : http://www.blossomartcompetition.com/


"Poised Petals," Oil on Canvas, 24"x24"


"Poised Petals" detail of Degas in frame


"Poised Petals" detail of orchids


"Poised Petals" detail of Degas image on wall


"Poised Petals" detail of orchid on table

The results of the competition won't be released until November, so we'll just have to wait and see :-) But I thoroughly enjoyed painting this piece... I even have another Degas still life on my easel right now. I will be posting it once I am finished!
Thanks for visiting, come back soon! God bless! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment