Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Illustration Inspiration! :-)

I have been learning more and more about painting in Photoshop using my wacom tablet, which has been immensely fun! So, as I painted the illustrations of the poodles and cheerleader, I thought I would try drawing some additional illustrations in a style that is a bit less-cartoony. I still used thin-tipped black Sharpie for the drawings, scanned them, then colored them in Adobe Photoshop with a tool that actually looks like pastel!
Here are my 3 newest creations:


"Feathered Friends," Ink Drawing and Digital Color


"Cattitude," Ink Drawing and Digital Color


"Lady Ladybug," Ink Drawing and Digital Color

I am now very inspired to continue painting in Photoshop! Seeing that I can achieve the appearance of pastels, watercolors, and many other media, I'm excited about discovering more about the world of digital paint!
In the near future, I would like to blog about the actual process of creating one of these pieces start to finish :-)
Thanks, and come back soon! God bless! *Psalm 37:3-6*

*All images copyright Alicia Templin 2010*

No comments:

Post a Comment